Deciding what and where to study for a first degree is a crucial decision. With it, you set the course for your career. The Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Business Administration at Frankfurt School of Finance & Management is a programme that helps you get started with your career. Over the course of seven semesters (3.5 years), you will learn essential skills and competencies to manage and lead an organization. Corporate decisions today require an understanding not only of economic matters, but also an eye for social and political contexts. Anyone who has this is a better manager and can drive his company forward. The boundaries between business, politics and society are becoming blurred. To succeed in this environment, you need to analyse complex problems and be able to solve them creatively whilst keeping global contexts in view.
In the demanding concentration "Management, Philosophy & Economics", you learn in seven semesters the necessary business tools to take on management and leadership roles in companies and other organisations. At the same time, you look at current national and international challenges in politics and society and develop solution strategies from different angles. Dealing with questions of philosophy, logic and ethics sharpens your analytical skills. By a semester and internship abroad you obtain global orientation.
Job description and job opportunities
The world is becoming more complex. Decisions in business, politics and society have effects which can become difficult to survey due to their increasing interdependence. At the same time, the need for sustainable and socially acceptable solutions is increasing. As a result, managers have to have their eye on the whole picture to an ever greater extent. As a graduate of the concentration "Management, Philosophy & Economics" at Frankfurt School, many doors are open to you. Business consultancies, as well as banks and other companies with international operations, appreciate your broad view and your analytical skills. You are also best prepared for a more scientific career: many of our graduates have been admitted to master's and doctoral programmes at prestigious universities in the US, for example. Finally, as an established interdisciplinary business manager, you are also predestined for a career in an international organisation such as the United Nations or the World Bank.
Students who wish to pursue business knowledge in a challenging programme in order to work in leading positions in companies and organisations. Also those who have in mind international challenges in politics and society and want to develop strategic solutions from different points of view.
- Microeconomics and Decision Making
- Financial Accounting
- Logic and Argumentation
- Practical Philosophy
- Statistics and Probability
- Markets, Incentives and Ethical Management
- Managerial Accounting
- Theoretical Philosophy
- Political Theory
- Applied Research Methodology
- Operations Management
- Corporate Design and Behavior
- Independent Research Paper
- Economic Methods
- Economics and Philosophy
5th Semester: Semester Abroad
6th and 7th Semester: In semester 6 and 7 students choose four or five electives out of four topics.
- Economic Philosophy: An Interdisciplinary Course
- Freedom and Democracy
- Practical Ethics
- Intentionality and Action
- Finance and Banking
- Managing Organisations
- Business and Society
7th Semester: Bachelor-Thesis
- Higher Education Entrance Qualification (e.g. Abitur, IB Diploma etc.)
- Frankfurt School Admissions Test or one of the following test scores: SAT, ACT Plus Writing, TestAS
- Very good knowledge of English, demonstrated by one of the followwing certificates
- TOEFL iBT (minimum score 90)
- IELTS (Academic format, minimum score 6.5)
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency
- Pearson Test of English Academic (minimum score: 58)
- Registration fee: 100,00 Euro
- Semester fee: 6.800,00 Euro (Tuition fee for semester abroad may differ dpending on the chosen partner institution)
- Total tuition fee: 47.600,00 Euro (plus tuition fee for semesters abroad)
- Monthly installments possible.