Our Bachelor of Science in Computational Business Analytics is designed for students seeking a dynamic technology-focused business career. Being able to understand the manifold contexts of managerial decision-making and combining that with deep knowledge of data analysis techniques is an increasingly valuable skill set for a successful career in many industries. With the emergence of big data, companies see themselves confronted with highly complex decision-making problems that require experts that are able to speak fluently to both decision-makers as well as data scientists.
Business Analytics is concerned with the development and application of quantitative approaches to support managerial decision-making. Experts in this domain are familiar with different methods for data collection and acquisition, they are able to analyze data and build statistical models, and they can translate the outcomes of data analyses to actionable recommendations for managers. On top of this, they need to have a thorough understanding of the different areas of management, including accounting, finance, marketing, and operations.
How is Business Analytics and Data Science used?
- Image and speech recognition (e.g., Facebook’s photo tagging, Amazon Alexa)
- Search engines (e.g., Google)
- Recommendation management (e.g., Amazon, Netflix, Booking.com)
- Design of production and logistics services (e.g., Rewe home delivery, Intel’s chip factories)
- Automated processes (e.g., credit card approval, sports betting)
Sales and demand forecasts (e.g., Zara, Roche)
This programme is the right thing for you if
- you are interested in new and innovative technologies and their application in the business world
- you have strong analytical skills and want to work on interesting and important problems
- you are hands-on and like to work with computers
- you are eager to discover the benefits and challenges of big data
Our Bachelor in Computational Business Analytics curriculum provides students with the skills required to succeed in a career where data science meets the needs of contemporary business. Students will take core business and data science modules and learn how to combine their knowledge in the professional world.
Our Bachelor in Computational Business Analytics (BSc) is taught completely in English and studied full-time. This means you will have a normal 4 to 5-day a week schedule. Of course this can vary each semester, however usually you would have at least 1 day off during the week (lectures can take place between Monday and Saturday). It is also possible to take on a student working job on the side of our full-time model.
Next to your internship abroad, our studies combine theory and practice to broaden your knowledge through practical examples. Our professors work hand-in-hand with policy-makers and executives to offer tailor-made solutions to real-world questions. Research findings are employed in leading corporations, the finance sector, in politics and on development issues. Members of our faculty frequently follow and report on current issues in the media. Furthermore, managers from leading business companies frequently are invited by our teaching staff for guest lectures for our students.
During your studies, you will learn to analyse and calculate a companys‘ current situation by working on various case studies. If you wish, you may also write your Bachelor thesis in cooperation with a company.
- Recognised university entrance qualification (German "Abitur" or equivalent) - If you have yet to graduate, then you can apply by uploading your last two school reports.
- Frankfurt School Admissions Test or one of the following test scores: SAT, ACT or TestAS plus a standardised English test (TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge or Pearson)
- Letter of motivation (optional)
- Registration fee: 100,00 Euro
- Semester fee: 6.950,00 Euro (Tuition fee for semester abroad may differ dpending on the chosen partner institution)