The Master of Business Administration (MBA) is aimed at students who have at least two years of work experience. The one-year program gives students the opportunity to develop a global outlook. build on existing business aptitudes and foster managerial and leadership skills. Students discuss topics integral to the modern business environment, taking an in-depth look at subjects from marketing to economics and communications to organizational behavior, preparing them for their future careers in management.
Job description and job opportunities
Students of the MBA program develop the ability to explore, examine and adeptly analyze various business topics, developing their business personalities and honing their management skills. Students will:
- Learn to critically apply brand management techniques to enhance brand equity in a business context.
- Cover the theory and practice of planning, decision-making and control in business.
- Explore activities essential to the planning, execution and evaluation of marketing strategy.
- Analyze strategic management, and decision-making in organizations of various types, including large corporations, SMEs and public-sector bodies.
Term 1 (15 CH | 20 ECTS)
- Management Skills
- Organizational Behavior
- Managerial Accounting
- Quantitative Business Methods
- Negotiation (seminar)
- Business Law (seminar)
- Management Research Methods I
- Industrial Visits and Guest Lectures
Term 2 (15 CH | 20 ECTS)
- Human Resources Management
- Global Economics
- Strategic Management
- Management Information Systems
- Business Strategy Simulation
- Job Career Planning (seminar)
- Communication Skills (seminar)
- Management Research Methods II
Term 3 (15 CH | 20 ECTS)
- Specialization-specific courses I-V
- 1 certified copy of bachelor's degree and transcripts
- Proof of English level: TOEFL score 89 (internet-based), 233 (computer-based); IELTS 6.5; CAE C1; PTE score 59; English native or equivalent
Candidates who wish to apply for the MBA dual qualification in Switzerland and Barcelona or for the MBA program in Munich, must have 2+ years of professional work experience in addition to the requirements listed above.
Applicants must also meet one of the following:
- A GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- A satisfactory score on the GMAT or GRE
- An interview with the academic dean
* Students not meeting these criteria will have an interview with the admission committee and will be considered on a merit basis. For more information please contact the admissions department of your chosen campus.
How You Earn Your Certificate
The full-time option lasts three terms, includes core and specialization courses, case studies and seminars. The program culminates with a Management Research Methods Module and dissertation. You can expect to spend 30 to 40 hours per week on MBA-related work.
The University of Roehampton adheres to the standards set by the U.K. government’s Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA). It is recognized by the National Recognition Information Centre (NARIC). The University of Roehampton is the most research intensive modern university in the U.K. according to the Research Excellence Framework produced by the Higher Education Funding Council for England.