Regenerative energy systems are part of our future. This ranges from building plants and systems to business consulting services and sales. Sustainability and energy efficiency aren´t limited to the energy sector - the use of technologies also requires a holistic perspective. Energy of the future – well positioned! Our Master´s program in International Business and Engineering will enable you to develop solution approaches as well as to understand the connections between business, technical thinking and philosophies. Furthermore, you will also shape your understanding of macroeconomics and develop intercultural skills. Graduates of engineering sciences have to start with a preliminary course in business studies. They have to pass the preliminary course to enter the regular Master's program. The duration of the preliminary course is one semester. Our academic year is divided into eight 5-weeks-blocks. For the entire duration of studies, these blocks build on each other with regard to content. Studies begin with a 14-day introductory module. Targeted learning is on offer from day one with a university-wide preparatory phase to acquire basic study skills.
Job description and job opportunities
After completion of the Master's program you can take over responsible management tasks in the field of technical and economic development. Due to your qualifications in two developing strong industries, you have many possibilities regarding your future career. Your flexible professional profile is rounded off by good language skills as well as experience in national and international operating contexts. In an increasingly globalized working world you are able to evaluate sustainable technical projects according to business standards. After having successfully completed the Master's program you are entitled to start a PhD program.
- Environmental Engineering
- Strategic Management
- Risk Management
- Energy I
- Product Lifecycle Management
- Energy II
- International Markets
- Electives + Language
- Master Thesis
To be allowed to start the Master's program “International Business and Engineering“, you must have a formal university degree (Bachelor, Diploma or Masters) in the Department of Engineering or Industrial Engineering with a final grade of at least 2.5.
In addition, good knowledge of english at a TOEFL-Level of 600 (pbT) / 80 (ibT), or equivalent language test to prove (TOEFL code of SRH: 7712)
A degree from the Department of Industrial Engineering gives you direct entry into the Master's program. After completion of technical studies a non-consecutive entry is possible. In this case participation in an one-semester pre-course is mandatory.
A business preliminary course for engineering graduates enables you to enter the Master's program International Business and Engineering.
annually, starting 1 October and 1 April
670 € per month + one-time registration fee of 650 €
Study a semester abroad at one of the partner universities.
CORE - OUR NEW STUDY MODEL
The “CORE-Principle” – Competence Oriented Research and Education – places the acquisition of occupational competence at the center of your studies. This approach goes far beyond the delivery of theoretical knowledge. After your graduation, you will start your career with a great sense of self-confidence. Our students possess everything needed for a successful career: knowledge, competence, expertise and key skills.
- The competence model: The term occupational competence denotes all the skills that enable you to act independently and successfully in the labor market! Occupational competence can be attained at many levels by acquiring professional competence, methodological competence, self-competence and social competence
- Subject-Oriented 5-Week Blocks: Instead of having to deal with numerous subjects at the same time, you can focus entirely on a maximum of two subjects within one 5-week period.
- Activating Teaching and Learning Methods: To ensure that students remember what they are learning, we take a practical approach to teaching, using case studies, seminars, team projects, role plays and presentations.
- Competence-Based Examination Methods: From the profusion of examination methods available we choose the method that best fits the skills taught in a particular module. Scheduling a great number of exams within a short period of time is now a thing of the past thanks to the new program.
- Personal responsibility: Only if you take responsibility for your own actions and how you study, will you be able to excel and take on responsibility in business life – for yourself and for others.
- Best Employability: Our graduates are capable of proving themselves in a real business environment after their studies.
- Learning partnership: In their roles as mentors and coaches, the teaching staff assist the students in every way possible, be it subject-specific content, study organization or in personal matters.