Design innovative electronic products in a stimulating atmosphere. Are you interested in developing efficient electric vehicles, or electronic instruments for medicine? Then this is the course for you. Electrical engineering involves, among other things, the scientific application of electronics and information technology. Our central focus is on the areas of electromobility and life science engineering. As an electrical engineer, you will develop reliable electronic products, or take on a key position (head or expert) in sales and distribution, in the office or in the field.
Electromobility enables the practical combination of climate protection, resource preservation and industrial policies. As an example, electromobility allows the efficient conversion of the volatile feed of electrical current from decentralized renewable energy sources, particularly wind energy, into sustainable mobility. This is achieved by using intelligent networks and electricity supply meters (smart grids, smart metering) in the mobile electrical storage units of electric vehicles. This represents a fundamental change of system, in which technologies and applications are combined with each other effectively and innovatively. Electric vehicles, traffic networks, electricity networks and ICT networks will grow together in the future. Electromobility is thus much more than a further development of the automobile to an electric vehicle. The question is not whether this advance in technology will be achieved, but when, how, and by whom first.
Life Science Engineering
The life science industry is a growing branch with a future, offering you excellent professional opportunities. Research and teaching in the major Life Science Engineering are characterized by three leading principles:
- consistent orientation towards the challenges of daily life in the areas of health, safety, mobility, communication, and the environment
- a theoretically and methodologically sound approach to these areas
- the design of learning processes with an intensive mutual exchange of ideas between scientists in different disciplines and people from politics, the business world and society in general.
This trans-disciplinary approach allows our students to learn from the interactions of electrical engineering and electronics, information science and information technology, mechatronics, systems technology and sustainability.
Job description and job opportunities
As an electrical engineer, you will be a leader in innovation - from programming new smartphones and electric vehicles to guidance systems for high-speed trains and medical apparatus. There are excellent professional opportunities for you here. Electrical engineers are often offered attractive positions even before they finish their studies. By emphasizing the right majors, you can specialize in the current and future challenges facing the industry.
Sectors / Areas of Work
- Automotive Industry
- Mechanical Engineering and Plant Manufacturing
- Food Industry
- Chemical Industry
- Medical and Microsystems Technology
- Energy Industry
- Aerospace Industry
- Traffic Technology and Regulation
- Engineering and Construction Offices
- Software Companies
Examples of Functions
- Research and Development
- Planning and Project Management
- Inspection and Quality Management
- Sales and Marketing Management
- Mathematics and Physics
- Electrical Engineering and Applied Informatics
- Construction Elements / Layout Design
- Systems Theory
- Business Administration
- Measuring Technology and Circuit Technology
- Sensing and Actuating Technology
- Computer Networks and Bus Systems
- various subjects in the two Majors
- Electromobility and
- Life Science Engineering
Content of the Study Majors
- digital technology
- power electronics
- vehicle technology
- transmission processes
- embedded systems
Life Science Engineering
- anatomy and physiology / biosensors
- biomedical signal acquisition
- telemedical signal acquisition
- modelling and simulation
- applied life science
To study at the SRH University of Applied Science in [WU(HH1)] Heidelberg, you must fulfill one of the following requirements:
- General qualification for entering university (Abitur)
- Special vocational qualification for entering university (Fachabitur)
- Advanced technical college entrance qualification (Fachhochschulreife)
- Minimum of two years' vocational training and at least three years of professional experience, plus entrance examination
- For foreign applicants: University entrance qualification or equivalent
Plus in addition:
- Documented English skills if English is not your native language (TOEFL or similar)
- Personal interview
Annually 01 October
620 € per month + one-time registration fee of 650 €
CORE - OUR NEW STUDY MODEL
The “CORE-Principle” – Competence Oriented Research and Education – places the acquisition of occupational competence at the center of your studies. This approach goes far beyond the delivery of theoretical knowledge. After your graduation, you will start your career with a great sense of self-confidence. Our students possess everything needed for a successful career: knowledge, competence, expertise and key skills.
- The competence model: The term occupational competence denotes all the skills that enable you to act independently and successfully in the labor market! Occupational competence can be attained at many levels by acquiring professional competence, methodological competence, self-competence and social competence
- Subject-Oriented 5-Week Blocks: Instead of having to deal with numerous subjects at the same time, you can focus entirely on a maximum of two subjects within one 5-week period.
- Activating Teaching and Learning Methods: To ensure that students remember what they are learning, we take a practical approach to teaching, using case studies, seminars, team projects, role plays and presentations.
- Competence-Based Examination Methods: From the profusion of examination methods available we choose the method that best fits the skills taught in a particular module. Scheduling a great number of exams within a short period of time is now a thing of the past thanks to the new program.
- Personal responsibility: Only if you take responsibility for your own actions and how you study, will you be able to excel and take on responsibility in business life – for yourself and for others.
- Best Employability: Our graduates are capable of proving themselves in a real business environment after their studies.
- Learning partnership: In their roles as mentors and coaches, the teaching staff assist the students in every way possible, be it subject-specific content, study organization or in personal matters.